expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Wednesday, March 19, 2014

The Minimalist



 Lately , I've been gravitating towards minimalist style of dressing. The simple , neutral, tailored, toned down, classic, less- fuss look. I would say, I blame it to my busier lifestyle that I have now and also a break from all the  combination of florals ,prints and textures that i was sporting before.So for me to achieve that minimalist look , a plain white blouse and jeans is a perfect outfit canvas. To add life without making it over fussy , I accessorize it with bright color  structured bag and a simple bright color heels. So with this canvas (jeans x white blouse),  anything goes.

 Since,  I'm in my 30's  ( alright.... 32 to be exact ) I'm leaning toward lighter colors like white,blush,nude,camel,gray. In my opinion it makes me feel and look vibrant , refreshing and youthful looking. Of course, I'm still going to wear dark colors time to time, it depends on what I feel like wearing that day but like I said  lighter colors add vibrancy to the skin, in my opinion.

 I also noticed it too on celebrities and fashion icons in their late 20's and 30's  like Nicole Richie, Alexa Chung , Miranda Kerr and Olivia Palermo sporting minimalist style and they look vibrant, refreshing and youthful in lighter colors, structured and tailored looks. So what do you guys think ?





jacket : Guess (old)
top : INC by Macys  option here , here or here
jeans : Abercrombie
bag : Tory Burch
shoes : Simply Vera Wang option here or here
Thank you so much for reading and Have a great day !

8 comments :

Cindi said...

What a beautiful, clean look. I like the fit of that shirt and the red bag ist just amazing :)

/Cindi

http://cherriesandsunflowers.blogspot.com/

Pooja Mittal said...

This is such an elegant look.. With every passing year , my love for nudes and whites is increasing day by day..
Gorgeous blouse
Keep in touch
www.beingbeautifulandpretty.com

Kim Alston said...

that top is fabulous. i love the draping and the jacket is cool.
http://www.averysweetblog.com/

Juliet Polilova said...

you look so chic and stylish in those jeans and blouse! love it!
very nice blog by the way :)

kisses from Russia,
Juliet
RUSSIAN DOLL

aldren said...

Pretty and adorable... Loving now minimalist fashion

Pooja Mittal said...

Hey doll, thanks a bunch for your lovely comment on my last post..
You asked about my wedges , they are from Aldo store
Keep in touch
www.beingbeautifulandpretty.com

FASHIONAVENTURA said...

Very chic! Lovely shirt :) M&MFASHIONBITES mmfashionbites.blogspot.gr

Abby said...

Oh wow, what a pretty look. That top is pretty. And I love how you incorporated color into this look with your flats and that handbag :)

Stopping by from the linkup. If you have a sec, I'd love for you to check out my latest outfit post: http://www.fashchronicles.blogspot.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...